Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Preppy Girl Packing List: My Little Steamer

Today I tried out one of the items I on my packing list that I have purchased.  I've heard all these girls say they are bringing irons & ironing boards, but that seems so inconvenient!  Irons take forever and even with a mini ironing board they still take up so much space!  I work in retail & when we do displays we use a (very large) steamer.  I was thinking about this along with other options & heard another girl talking about getting a mini steamer!  I thought it was a great idea & found this one at Bed, Bath & Beyond for a great price! My store had this in three colors: white, pink, & blue.  Being the OCD girl I am I just went with the white to match my room better!

Price: $19.99


I feel the packaging was very unnecessarily hard to open, but maybe thats just me. 













Details: the package includes the steamer along with the attached cord & a small bag.  Honestly, the bag feels very cheap & is very thin.  I could definitely live without it, but I guess it will be good to store it in. 

Here is the steamer when I first filled it, while it was on, & after I turned it off (water was it MIN line).  The steamer took about a minute to heat up & about five to ten minutes to cool off. 
















This is just so you can see the fabric of the dress.  The dress is from Aeropostale for those wondering!


















I used the steamer just as the directions say.  I steamed the dress while it was on the hanger.  There is really no other way to do it without tilting the steamer.  I just steamed the outside of the dress.  You can also steam the inside to get hard wrinkles out, but for me that wasn't necessary.  



 Well there's the results!  I have to say I am pretty impressed with this!  It was much easier than getting out an iron & ironing board!  The only thing I didn't like was that the container can't hold much water therefore the steamer ran out rather quickly.  Other than that you can see it worked very well.  It was also extremely lightweight & did not take me much time at all!  So glad I got this, & I will definitely get good use of this even after college i'm sure!



3 comments:

  1. That looks like such a good thing for in a dorm! I really like your posts, its making me realize how incomplete my dorm list is! Keep up the posts! Are you an incoming freshman like me?

    http://hey-lindsey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! & yes I am an incoming freshman!:)

      Delete
  2. I'm going to be a sophomore in college and I'll have to bring this! I definitely could have used this last year!
    laurenroseprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete